I have been waiting for a long time for the newest update to get rid of the double underline of text. Now you have added questions and answers that I can not turn off. I use this bible everyday and have no need for questions and answers from strangers. I would use a commentary for that. This item is quite annoying and all I would ask is a way to turn it off. Thank you.21 votes
Ability to toggle questions on/off is available on iOS. The other platforms will be worked on in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.
I use NKJV & Korean translation, so changing version needs long scroll everytime, So I hope Recently used translation could seen on top of the translation list. (like YouVerion Bible)
May God bless you.
(ipad, ios6)6 votes
It would be nice to have a search bar always available on the screen (even when the top bar is out of view) for easier searching for new Bible verses.
Perhaps a little bit wider reading area for text, especially for those with larger monitors. A bit more "responsive design"
Otherwise, keep up the good work. This is definitely one of the best Bible programs I have ever used.1 vote
Is their any way to make a group where we can all be under the same reading plan and see each other notes on that plan .. i need this for my church13 votes
This is DEFINITELY coming soon. Stay tuned.
Not cartoons bt if the real places of history, and pictures are added i feel it will b awesome ..bt otherwise also ebible is wonderful.i read ebible at my work everyday..thanku8 votes
Thanks for a wonderful Bible App for iOS. Here are some suggestions:
1) Make the search available offline. It would be great if we would also choose whether or not to sort be relevance or in the order found in the Bible. Also, being able to search by a range and within a given version would be great.
2) When I follow a cross reference, allow me to get back to the original verse. I currently need to re-enter the original reference to get back.
3) It would be nice if the default page was the one being looked at perviously. The no longer happens if the app needs to be reloaded.
4) The animated page flipping is fun, but please limit it to 2-3 page turns max. Currently, it will flip 5-7 times if you go to a verse within the same chapter
5) When clicking the verse reference, could it default to the last used choice (version, Bible passage selector, or book mark). I find I often use the Bookmark and would be happy to usually start there. This may not be true for others. Defaulting to the last used one might be more helpful. If I'm changing Bible translations for example, I may want to change back. If I often look up new verses, then it would default to that. If I read the Bible and bookmark my progress (as well as delete previous book makers on a regular basis), then that would be most natural as well.
Thanks for keeping the software simple and easy to use!
Thanks for a wonderful Bible App for iOS. Here are some suggestions:
3) It would be nice if the default page was the one being looked at…16 votes
I've been using the highlight feature and the note feature often and I find, perhaps I'm doing it wrong, that I must mouse over the selection two times. The first time, I understand, as this is to create the highlighted section; however, I am then required to select the text yet again to cause the prompt for adding a note to appear.
Is there any way I could select the text the first time and apply the highlight, and then apply a note directly to this new highlight immediately? Basically, if the prompt to add a note appeared immediately after creating a highlight, the second step would be eliminated.
Please let me know whether you already have a solution for this issue that I simply have not discovered.
Thank you so much. I am enjoying eBible very much!
Is there any way I could select the text the first time and apply the highlight, and then apply a note directly to this new highlight immediately? Basically, if the prompt to add a note appeared immediately…8 votes
A feature that would take you over the top would be having the capability of having it read outloud . I teach a youth SS class and we use this feature when the wording becomes hard. It is disruptive when members try to pronounce words that are uncommon to them. We use another app for this currently but we all like the way your plans are laid out better.35 votes
Pre-configured reading plans are great. But it'd also be great to allow users to create their own custom named collections of verses. This would be really helpful for collecting verses when studying a particular topic or theme.
Love the app and the site so far though, great job!
It would be nice to have the option to switch to night time mode with a black background and white text. I read a lot at night and like this option on the kindle app.18 votes
Yes. We’re planning on doing it!
Be able to flip between pages or to scroll down the complete text.18 votes
1. Multiple verse highlighting
With screen pagination this is rather difficult. Though if you access John 1.1 – 18 on an iPad or on our website (ebible.com) its doable.
2. We’ll get this fixed.
4. We’ll find a better way to address this.
5. We’ll get this fixed as well.
6. Folders and subfolders
The notes are actually tied to the verses. On our website you can actually search your notes. This feature will be coming to the mobile apps as well.
It would be awesome to share with our friends on eBible - to share notes, etc with accountability partners, etc - a more private group than facebook posts, etc. ooBible had this feature - it would be great to see it here!!52 votes
It’s coming up very soon :)
The old ebible had a way were you could put many different bible translation side by side. I would really like that back. It helped me understand different versus easier when you could says some other ways it has been worded.330 votes
On the website, we have released a “compare” tool in the short term. Click on any verse, then click the “compare” button, and you will be able to see up to 4 translations at one time of the verse.
Is there a way to export notes so I can print them out? I could then use these notes in my talks.74 votes
Yes. We should have these out shortly.
I love this webapp. Very clean, fast and usable.
I know it's a little complicated, but it would be nice if Scripture references typed in "notes" would be recognized and linked. It would be awesome if those notes then appeared near the cross-referenced verses as well.13 votes
This feature is coming very soon. Stay tuned!
Add the Apocrypha which can serve as background to the Old Testament.20 votes
We have obtained the publishing licenses for various Catholic Bibles and plan to get them into our system very soon. Because the Apocrypha includes additional books, and additional verses in certain existing books, we need to make some modifications to accomodate this.
- Don't see your idea?