How can we improve eBible?

Get rid of questions and answers

I have been waiting for a long time for the newest update to get rid of the double underline of text. Now you have added questions and answers that I can not turn off. I use this bible everyday and have no need for questions and answers from strangers. I would use a commentary for that. This item is quite annoying and all I would ask is a way to turn it off. Thank you.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Frank Johnson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminColin Wong (CEO, eBible) responded  · 

Ability to toggle questions on/off is available on iOS. The other platforms will be worked on in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Maura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I delete a note that was formed because of a glitch in program...I saved 7 times because it didn't act like it was saving when I hit 'done' now I have 7 copies of that note, which I have cleared of data but I would like to delete the whole note.

• Vernon Jacks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the questions and answers from strangers. I use it to lookup verses that I may never have thought of and I really enjoy hearing another person's point of view on a particular subject. In the end, I've got to choose what works best for me. Of course, keeping all of this before the Lord in prayer. I'm also that guy that prefers Sunday School and Discipleship Classes over being preached to, because I can ask questions and interact with people. Be blessed.

• RONNIE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WOW YOU GOT 14 TO Get rid of questions and answers...AND THERE ARE MORE OF US
        THAT LOVE IT.THINK ABOUT IT.THANK YOU.............

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is possible now. Go to the "this bible belongs to" page by clicking on the silhouette that is at the top of your reading screen. Select the settings option at bottom right corner, you can toggle the questions on or off.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. I don't so much mind the social aspect, but the execution is ... less than ideal, to put it mildly. At the very least, there should be a way to turn it off.

• T.C. Judd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would LOVE to see this implementation. I understand that a main purpose of eBible (per the About page) is to ask questions and engage in dialogue, but frankly I don't want to do that / see that all the time. Many times--especially for devotional reading--I want to focus exclusively on the text.

• Joel Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. Also, new update causes app to crash all the time. Very frustrating. Worked perfect before latest update. Is an AWESOME app though and can't wait to see the fixes.

• Frank Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do like very much the ease in which you can add personal notes, bookmark, highlight and underline passages. Seamless and user friendly. Questions and answers just "clutter" this great bible up.

Feedback and Knowledge Base